Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hello Blogging Universe

Hello Blogging World! I’m The Thrifty Fur Baby Foster Mama!

My name is Jamie Marie and I am a graduate in Animal Science and Agriculture from Kansas State University. I’m also an  Exotics Foster & Adoption Coordinator for The Riley County Humane Society as well as run the Adoption Ambassador Program for our Petco and Petsmart cats & State of Kansas Licensed Foster mama for our rescue.
I bring to you this hopefully, entertaining and useful blog, with all of my animal wisdom I have picked up over the many years of me owning exotic domestic pets.  Over the years I have picked up many tips & tricks with many species of fur babies, with my most broad experience being with rabbits and guinea pigs.

~A little bit about me & my Fur Babies~

Over the years I have owned 7 Cats, 3 Dogs, 1 White Rat, 1 Hamster, 3 Rabbits, 3 Chinchillas, 1 Hedgehog, 1 Ferret, 1 Savannah Monitor, many Turtles & 2 Fish. I grew up with divorced parents so I had double the childhood animals that most people had which meant double the fur babies to love! Many of these animals were animals I rescued on my own that were in poor condition. I socialized them, vetted them & when they were healthy I found them “fur”ever homes.  Several are still living well & are at home with my parents as they are the family pets & I think my parents would be lost with out them.
 
I currently have an 12yr old kitty named Drako whom is my precious baby.  I have had him since he was 8 weeks old. I got him the day I moved into my 1st apartment right after I graduated High School, so he holds a extra special place in this mama’s heart. He was a little stray I found in my drive way and he looked so hungry but he appeared healthy and was full of fighting spirit! I also have a 3yr old Bunny that I rescued from a “breeder”.  He had been labeled as food because he was born the wrong color and couldn’t be sold as a show rabbit.  His name is Aeson & he is the sweetest most intelligent rabbit I have ever owned or met.  He is fully litter trained & lives in a double decker custom built extremely large cage, so he has plenty of room while mama is at work or meetings. I also have more recently adopted a chinchilla named Gus Gus who is currently about 6yrs old and a dwarf lionhead/hotot mixed rabbit named Jack from the rescue I volunteer for as I just fell in love with them when I was fostering them.

~Blog Goal~

My Goal for this blog will be to help pass on my Thrifty wisdom that I have gained over the years as well as share some extremely cute pictures with you along the way! Most of what I have picked up over the years are fabulous & safe cage cleaning methods, how to make cheap & wonderful toys that are way better for your pet than the ones you can buy, homemade treats that are better than the processed pet store ones & how to make your own litter. These few thing have saved me metric ton of money over the years! Not to mention have made my pets healthier by avoiding the processed treats & toys that are full of sugar & are empty calories. I am still picking up things as I go & I love to share my new ideas with friends & other animal lovers. I can only hope my experiences will inspire you to become creative & thrifty as I have become over the years!

You can follow me on facebook as well for your daily dose of cute as well as exciting up to date new in the animal science world as well as more tips and tricks from my pintrest page.  https://www.facebook.com/ThriftyAnimalMama

Or you can fine me on youtube as well.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGy6RgOdkJfBs0p6e0FydMQ

No comments:

Post a Comment