Thursday, February 5, 2015

DIY Toy-torial: Critter Pops



Good Afternoon Blogging World & Fur Kid Parents! Hope everyone has had a fabulous week so far!

      Today I wanted to share some new toys I was working on for my bun buns & chilla! I have played around with a couple of ideas & came up with a few toys I like and the bonus is that I had most of the supplies already laying around the house. One of the favorites here in our house are toilet paper & paper towel tubes. They can play with them as is or you can stuff them with hay and hang them in their cage or they them toss them or roll them around. They can also be cut apart to make other really fun toys for your small animal. Here I have what I call Critter Pops, Hay/Treat Stuffers, & Accordion chews 


But today I am going to walk you through I make my critter pops.

~Critter Pops~

     Critter Pops are among another favorite in this house hold. They are made with simple things you may already have for your small critter and a few other things you may already have around the house. These particular ones are made out of all natural coffee filters with an all-natural cotton string used to tie them shut. You could also use newspaper or paper towels in place of the coffee filters. I also recommend using sisal twine to tie them shut as that is what is most often used in small animal toys but I couldn't find mine so I used my back up which is untreated all natural cotton. If you purchase sisal make sure you buy it from a reputable place as lots of sisal is treated with harmful chemicals. I order mine only from a bird toys supplier online so I know its not treated and safe for my animals. My critters don't eat the cotton string like they do the sisal though. 

Supplies
- Coffee Filters or newspaper or paper towels
- Pet Safe String/Twine
- Pet Safe Chew Sticks(you can get them in bulk at your pet store or on amazon for pretty cheap)
- Yummy Treats & Healthy Things to fill up the Critter Pop

Here is the Youtube video tutorial I created on how I make my critter pops for my fur kids. (Please ignore the fact that I sound like I have a horrid lisp I set the camera way too close to me and the mic was giving me some awful feed back! I have a different camera now that doesn't have this issue)




Hope you enjoy! :) You can watch a larger version of this video here http://youtu.be/SogkqF8LSXY

You can follow me on facebook as well at https://www.facebook.com/ThriftyAnimalMama 

No comments:

Post a Comment